Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Trying to stay regular


FOR TODAY July 23, 2008...
Outside My Window...is overcast and cool. It is actually a nice change from all the really warm weather we have been having.
I am thinking...so many random thoughts I don't have room to write them down.
I am thankful for...how my life has turned out. I never thought I would have all these kids or be married let alone STILL married to the man I STILL WANT to be married to.
From the kitchen...come the lovely sounds of my oldest son washing dishes.
I am wearing...a navy blue sweat shirt, navy blue sweat pants, funny (but warm) socks and hair up in a clip.
I am creating...children to be motivated to do their chores. Ha-ha.
I am going...to have to get the electric cattle prod out.
I am reading...I need to find a new book to read, Ephesians, Pearls of Great Price by Joni Eareckson Tada, Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends by the Mali Siblings (with my children), Proverbs and Romans.
I am hoping...that I can wait to go to the bathroom until after I have this post done.
I am hearing...children playing and chattering when they SHOULD be doing their chores.
Around the house...morning stuff that needs to be done. It will get done eventually.
One of my favorite things...is having friends know that they can drop off their laundry at our house.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...have extra kiddos over Thurs. and Fri. Checking out a friend's garage sale, Sat. Prep. day and Sunday sabbath fellowship.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

The Bible says the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run into it and are saved. The man in this picture had stepped out to see if it was the rescue helicopter coming for them. Reportedly he stepped back into the lighthouse moments before he would have been swept off by that huge wave. Contrary to popular saccarine christian teaching, life isn't a cake walk when you become a christian. We still are subject to the storms of life. We just have the strong tower to run into instead of being left awash in the sea with no anchor.

I forgot the link in my hurry for the bathroom!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I can't thank you enough for the use of your dryer. You are a life saver.

I am in the middle of one of those storms of life. It is hard...very, very hard, but like you said, I have a strong tower. And for that I am forever grateful. I don't have to face it alone.

Did you make it to the bathroom?

Heath Clan said...

I AM NOT DISCLOSING THAT ON THE INTERNET!