Sunday, November 09, 2008

I am afraid to ask


Our washer has been making horrible smells and noises as of late. We found that it doesn't have enough umph to make the spin cycle happen. Guess how we figured that out? Why, yes...I went in and the clothes that I was going to put in the dryer were dripping madly. Oh no! TODR checked it out. We now have to listen for the spin cycle and help it get going. I am thankful that I don't have to hand wash all of our stuff. At least for now.

Our dryer is also is having problems. It takes two cycles to dry the clothes. (Sigh) It is better than nothing. Two cycles truly is better than untold amounts of laundry strewn all over the house for drying. (Note: We live in the Pacific Northwest, August is the only month we can hang dry anything with any regularity.)

I am hoping and praying that we can make do until the Lord sees fit to bless us with some other affordable appliances.

Now as if that weren't bad enough...
Last night TODR got out of bed to crawl underneath the covers at about 2:30am. His foot landed in our green carpet: SQUOOOOSH! That is not right! It turns out due to a crack in our concrete foundation, filled in dirt where gravel was and an un-named individual leaving a garden hose on next to the corner of our bedroom, we got flooded. We now have all of our bedroom furniture in our living room. There are two heaters and one fan drying out the pad and carpet. TODR and our oldest son spent all afternoon sucking water out of the pad using our steam cleaner. It will all be okay. I think I will actually be able to sleep in my own room by the middle of the week.

I don't even have to mention the fact that Obama is our president elect and that is just the thermometer showing America's atmosphere. I do know that we should fear God and not man. And no matter what, Obama is just a man. God could stop his heart this very second if He so chose.

That brings me to the title of my post. I am afraid to ask, What else could go wrong?

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I could decide to stay in Texas one more week!

Heath Clan said...

Wow-that would be more devastating than I think I could ever handle!

Soooooo glad you are back.

Sharon said...

Well it's Tuesday . . . so do you have your bedroom back yet???
Those are definitely some trying times. Aren't you glad that you are the daughter of the King and know that He will work it all out to your good and His glory ;) Even the Obama thing.

I am praying for a-NEW-washer and dryer for you . . . the bigger size that they have out now. Like that saying goes, "Go big or go home."

Anyway, thinking about you all and praying for you :)
Yes and Amen to Rebecca being back :)
Love you all,
Sharon