Monday, April 14, 2008

Blog Sistas

I was graciously invited to go to a "Blog Sista" BBQ hosted by my friends, the Engstroms. It is an opportunity to get to know some folks that I know only from the blogasphere. I, unfortunately, have too much going on so that it is wiser that I stay close to home instead of attending. Even the temptation of home-roasted decaf. coffee wasn't enough to get me to go (even though it was a GREAT TEMPTATION!).
I find it ironic that I even have blog sistas. I am not very computer literate. I am still struggling with getting music to play on my blog. I am not losing sleep over that how ever. I look back on how I got to have cyberfriends. It is a funny journey.
I attended a Ligonier Conference in Portland a few years ago (four children ago). RCJR was there with his Highland Study Center booth. I looked at some information and found it interesting. I looked them up on the web. I commented from time to time. There was one lady that I connected with on the comments section. She was brave enough to send her e-mail address. She is my Val-Pal in NJ. She was doing the blog thing (note she is also much more technically savvy than I am). She recommended Carmon's (Not San Diego) Buried Treasure site. Wow-what kindred spirits I found there. From that website I have found some other kindred spirits. I feel as Ann Shirley said, "I don't think kindred spirits are as few as I once though."
I have been blessed with some REAL friendships through these weblogs. I have benefitted in so many ways. I have been challenged in my thinking, encouraged to keep going on the narrow path and felt loved through real tokens of friendship. It is so easy to give up when you feel like you are the only one. It is so wonderful to have a group of like-minded folk to chat with on our journey. It is even better when we can get together and share chocolate. I believe Stacy MacDonald says that is can be catagorized as medicinal after childbirth:)
There is so much garbage on the internet. Like any tool, though, it can be used for good or ill. I have been much blessed by this technological advance.

2 comments:

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

So True!! :) Great post! :)

By the way, if you go to www.playlist.com, you can use it to add music to your blog, fairly easily, if you want. That's what I use.

Blessings,
Michele :)
www.frugalgranola.blogspot.com

Kim C. said...

It was so much fun to get together yesterday! I'm glad you decided to come!
Kim