Saturday, January 12, 2008

What Next?


When you have children...okay...correct that...
Since I have been blessed with the children I have been life can be kind of exciting once and a while.

I had one lady remark on how incredibly calm I was as a mother. I have even had poison control thank me for being calm and acting quickly. I don't particularly think I am that calm. I just know that if I freaked out about everything I would have died from a heart attack long ago. It might, however, explain the gray hair:)

For example, one day last week the Fireball bloodied her nose. She was racing with her sister and ran face first into a wall partition. We iced it, stopped the bleeding from her nose and administered some Motrin pain reliever. I wish I could say that taught her to not run in the house, but alas I cannot. That same day our oldest son came shrieking in the house that his brother had been bitten by a raccoon. We have one sneaky, surviving raccoon in the vicinity. We had the victim come inside. He had indeed come across a raccoon. I was relieved to find out that the animal bit his rather too large rubber boot. It didn't get him hard enough to go through the boot. I have been told that raccoons are one of the worst rabies carriers. So twice in one day I had heart stopping incidents. Thankfully both without major trips to the ER necessary.

I know my children are keen on adventure, but some days boring is just fine. I probably would have darker hair. I still wouldn't trade any of them for the world or a bottle of Clairol.

1 comment:

Karen said...

YEESH! A raccoon?! Heavens to Mergatroyd!

Glad he's okay...what a relief! (I think I grew 5 gray hairs just reading that story!)

Bless you,
Karen