Thursday, November 01, 2007

I don't know why I live in Afghanistan.

I have confessed before that I am not very computer literate. My family and friends think I have many talents, but would probably agree with me about my computer ability. Here is yet another example of why I am not on Bill Gates' payroll. My good friend, Bucca, asked why our profile lists us as living in Afghanistan. I don't know. I am going to try to change that. Nothing against that country. I have never even visited there so it would be incorrect to claim to be residing there.

We live in the good ole U.S. of A. We have so many blessings here, yet often times I think those things blind us to reality. We have some basic needs right now as an expanding family that I am praying diligently about. I feel so humbled though when I find out about one third world country's church that we support. They have so little yet they are endevoring to finance so much for the gospel. It brings up all kinds of questions about my selfishness and other character flaws that go deeper than how well I can use a computer. John Piper makes the point about riches not being evil. It is just that God might be blessing you financially in order for you to give more rather than for you to have more stuff. Mr. Letournou, that made big equipment, got to the point that he was giving away 95% of his income. Wouldn't that be awesome? I know that it started out that he was faithful in the little. Well, food for thought. Maybe a little do deep for the morning, but it will give me something to think and pray about on our walk that I hope to get in this morning. It is just a question of how far can I waddle?

No comments: