Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Full hands/ full heart.


Our latest model is displayed here with one of her very (overly at times) loving sisters. I snapped a shot and had to re-snap this shot to censor the in-need-of-cleaning counter in the original shot's background. I know that one day my house will be in order, clean and with everything in its place. I am sure those will be the days when I long for the sounds of laughter and childhood delight that accompany all the dirt and smudges. I think it is all about learning contentment. I still took a different picture minus the smudges.

We do have lots and lots of love at our house. We also have lots and lots of kids to love. I am thankful that the big problem we have with our Latest Model is that we have to protect her from too much affection foisted on her by her siblings. The most dangerous, of course, being the Menace Twins. When we go out in public with all six of the kids we get many different types of responses. They range from downright rude to smiles of congratulations. I think the most heard one is, "Wow, you have your hands full!" I am guessing that because I took all six to the pharmacy this morning. We picked up some medicine and a couple of presents. After I paid and we were leaving, our oldest son beat the cashiers to the punch. He told them, "Yes, we do have our hands full!" I read a response from someone else that has a large family that I have used several time because it is perfect. "Yes, my hands are full, but so is my heart."

I have fingerprints continuously on my sliding glass door, no matter how often I clean it. I also have a sweet toddler that loves to give hugs and "eskimo" kisses. I have more dandelion bouquets than space for them. I have boys telling me how beautiful I am on a regular basis. I have hands to hold and people to go with me for walks. I have lots of people to dance with and they never say I look silly when we do. Yes, our hands are full, but so are our hearts.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Well, you wrote another word that I have never heard. Foisted...I love this. I can gather from the sentence the definition of the word, but I think I will still look it up in the dictionary. Then my chances are greater for remembering it.
And yes, you do have your hands full...but how wonderful is God's design!!! How cool and exciting...Psalm 127:3-5 "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him. Like arrows in the hand of the warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate." I love your family and rejoice with you that your hand are full, but more so...your hearts.