Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Ode to Jan's

How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways...

The Jan's I refer to is our local thrift store. It is officially called Jan's Lost and Found. My sister-in-law introduced me to this lovely store years ago. The only problem with Jan's, since they aren't allowed to smoke in there anymore, is that the experience ruins ordinary thrift stores like Goodwill. Jan's usually has several items that are advertised on their board for 10 cents. For example, yesterday all shoes, dresses and skirts were 10 cents. They also have a color posted and anything that is that color or contains that color is 10 cents. You get the gist of it.
Yesterday I scored some dresses for myself (it is very hard to find modest dresses that are the right size and that I can breastfeed in), some jeans for the boys, a couple pairs of shoes for the girls and some baby outfits for our latest model. The grand total was $3.43 (tax included). It just doesn't get any better. I don't think anyway.
Now you know why I am a Jan's junky.

No comments: