Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Beginnings

It is always nice to have retreats, new beginnings...

You know, something to get us out of our ruts. I am definately a rut-type person. I just spent a wonderful weekend away with my husband and some dear folks from church. I didn't think the timing was great: a few weeks after Christmas with all the money that usually involves and after a week + lay-off for my husband. Yet again, God proves that His timing is perfect and my perception incorrect. Most folks make New Year's resolutions. I used to. I try now to have attainable goals.

This year's retreat gave me a healthy dose of perspective. I truly believe that if we take the time to cultivate and enjoy a helping of perspective it cuts down on our dishes of crow. Perspective takes quite a bit more in preperation. Crow seems to be a dish that we are welcome to choke down often and quickly. Like the difference between dining at Alexander's, where the trout can be caught fresh from the pond and enjoyed with fresh organic vegetables from their garden, and ordering something you can "super-size" and have in less than five minutes.

My big, over-arching goal for the new year is to see and savor Christ (hmmmm....where did I get that concept....anyone...anyone....). Under that umbrella, I desire to Find the Hero in my Husband (#1 wish list book!!!!!). I want get to know my children more and prayerfully help them maximize their gifts and minimize their shortcomings. I hope that God will form us into a beautifully functioning unit that enables us to be a part of what God is doing in our church, in our valley....

O.S.L.S. (Our Sovereign Lord's Ship) Heath has been overhauled and rerigged this last year. We shall see what adventures are out there. "Now bring me that horizon!"

No comments: