Monday, June 25, 2007

It was the best of times and it was the worst...


Watch Out! It's Bug-girl!


href="http://bp2.blogger.com/_F19ahNOBrVQ/RoA9ZIVICkI/AAAAAAAAABO/CSVxaghVPjA/hqT7tLHIZyQ/s1600-h/Caleb%27s+b-day+and+camping+009.jpg">

Our Lil' Firecracker checkin' out the tent.


href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj-nR8Q1tq99XT6WBurQR5Sq3ow0BEyZl01wXBINLT58bxnrZY64_Hoi59J4RMDg1bwGUekMYjT-BNkyZpSMGOZDCMzL09szluDx9mSL2mSRQPxhlHE5aM7ntqhMsET83nZ-sxcCQ/s1600-h/Caleb's+b-day+and+camping+010.jpg">

The Menace Twins when it was still fun camping.

Okay, I have weird markings after my comments on the pictures that I can't get rid of. Oh well. I guess we will just have to deal with them:)

We went camping this weekend to celebrate our son's birthday. We live in the sticks so where did we go camping? That's right! Right outside of Olympia! The day we got there was really nice. We picked up groceries on the way there. We got to the park. We set up camp and the other family members that were camping with us showed up. The weather was just right. The kids played with rope and swung from the trees in our camp site. The guys took the kids on a walk and I sat and read my Bible and relaxed in an "easy-chair." It was quite lovely. We had hamburgers and enjoyed camp food. We had friends come visit us over from their camp site. We ate S'mores. We finally all went to bed. Then the trouble started. The baby didn't sleep well, we had some constant trips to the bathroom and about 2:00 a.m. it downpoured. It didn't just sprinkle, it actually puddled in our tent. It didn't let up the rest of the morning. We finally packed our sodden stuff up and took our rumpled selves (in body and in spirit) home. It was one of those trips that you learn a lot from. Either that or you allow it make you bitter and you never want to go camping again. We are going with the former. Our tent and camp chairs are sitting in our front yard, drying out. I put all of our pillows in the dryer yesterday when we got home so everyone would have dry ones to sleep on.
I learned that next time we will take some tarps, the port-a-crib and the port-a-potty!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm so sorry you got soaked. What a bummer. I prayed for good weather for you guys...but obviously God had different plans. I'm glad you aren't giving up on the camping thing. Maybe sometime you and I could do it for a night or two.

Karen said...

OH my word, Kendra, that's miserable.

My first time camping with my hubby (1 week after the honeymoon...don't recommend THAT at all!), it rained only on my side of the tent. My side. He slept like a baby (a good one, that is!).
;-)

Well, happy birthday to the little one, anyway - I'm sure it's still a good memory. Somehow.
;-)

~Karen

Heath Clan said...

Karen,
I love that picture of Abby on the side!

I am labeling our camping a learning adventure.